Footwork, Footwork, Footwork, Blah, Blah, Blah

I start off all of my classes with "Footwork, Footwork, Footwork, Blah, Blah, Blah" .  I do this because after training in over 26 different Martial Arts/ Combat Systems/ Styles of fighting I've found the most important thing to be is foot work.  On your feet it means balance, balance leads to potential power in execution of your movements, on the ground it means using your strongest muscles your legs with coordination to set up a escape, or attack.  One of the great examples of footwork on your feet is when you see someone land a beautiful back spinning attack that knocks someone out and in Grappling it's when you see someone lock in a triangle choke just using their legs and watch as their opponent must admit defeat aka "Tap or Nap".

With that here are some of the fundamentals I teach and highly encourage to other coaches when it comes to teaching standing Self Defense and Striking with a focus on Boxing, Muay Thai, Mixed Martial Arts, and Krav Maga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXpqQVVzmw&t=4s

I hope this helps
www.RelentlesMMAgym.com


Comments